Wednesday, February 9, 2022

CONSTRUCTION: FILMING THE NEWSPAPER SCENE

For this scene we needed multiple slow zoom in shots of the newspaper headlines which tell the audience what is happening in the world of the film. I placed the newspapers on a table covered in a black cloth and then put candles around them to light up the headlines, the candles also help to tell the audience that there is no energy in the world of the film. When filming, it took me a few tries to get the right shots that had a good camera angle and were in focus. I tested out having the lights on very dim in the room as I thought that the candles would not be bright enough, however I found that after adding some more candles for light it looked better when the lights were off completely. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

FILM OPENING

 Ruby Lawson 1996 I worked with Finlay Williamson 1986. Our brief was to make the titles and opening of a new fiction film (to last a maximu...