Monday, November 1, 2021

PLANNING: MY TARGETED AUDIENCE AND HOW I ENGAGED THEM

From the FutureLearn course that I am following, called Distribution: Connecting Films With Audiences, I know that all products are targeted at specific audiences. 

I needed to plan how to reach my target audience. Therefore, I needed to know who they are (including relevant factors such as age, gender, ethnicity, social class), what their media needs are (so that I could produce a product that they will want and are interested in) and how to reach them (in order to market my film). I will show how my research has shaped / influenced my planning. 

I started by investigating how brands define audiences, for example I saw how Bauer Media, NME and Sky defined audiences; this helped me profile my audience. I then created an audience profile below.




1 comment:

  1. You have been following the FDA FutureLearn course on distribution and learned about how all products are targeted at specific audiences. In your subsequent audience research, you have investigated how professionals such as NME and Bauer Media profile audiences. You have created your own audience profile.

    ReplyDelete

FILM OPENING

 Ruby Lawson 1996 I worked with Finlay Williamson 1986. Our brief was to make the titles and opening of a new fiction film (to last a maximu...