Saturday, March 12, 2022

FILM OPENING




 Ruby Lawson 1996

I worked with Finlay Williamson 1986.

Our brief was to make the titles and opening of a new fiction film (to last a maximum of two minutes). We made a apocalyptic drama thriller film opening entitled Chain Reaction

I took responsibility for a lot of the camerawork and filming. In particular the scenes of the man being attacked in the tunnel, the close up of the calculations, the newspaper scenes and part of the discussion between the scientist and the friend. As well as this I helped direct alongside Finlay for some of the scenes.

I also took responsibility for part of the set design, such as the newspaper scene where I created newspapers to fit with our film and then laid them out on a table with candles. 

I designed and made a production company logo, entitled Rocking Horse Productions, which featured at the start of the film opening. I used Adobe Photoshop to create the initial logo, I then edited it to make the rocking horse image move as I thought that this would be more interesting for the viewer. 

In addition to this I created the film title which appears at the end of the opening, I used Photoshop to create this. I started by making the background of the title which is made up of calculations in a red colour to match and fit the theme of the film, I then added the film title in the centre of this and then put an outline of the text over this title to give it a more 3D affect so that it would stand out.




No comments:

Post a Comment

FILM OPENING

 Ruby Lawson 1996 I worked with Finlay Williamson 1986. Our brief was to make the titles and opening of a new fiction film (to last a maximu...